Friday, September 24, 2004

The Right Path

I think the 1L professors all get together to decide when to simultaneously pile loads of shit...err work...on us. One week, I'll find myself way ahead of the game, feeling cocky about my abilities and how well I can do in law school. The next week, every single professor assigns some ridiculous amounts of reading while the Legal Writing/Research instructor assigns a paper that requires hours and hours of research. Does this ever get any easier?

Days like this, I wonder if I chose the right path. I got into several grad programs besides law and I'm beginning to wonder if those other ones are as stressful as law school. Regardless, I'm sticking with this. I'd feel like such a quitter if I left just because of the challenges and pressure. I already know of 4 people who've dropped out. I remember meeting each of them individually during orientation. Each of them were so confident and believed they were above everyone else and had advantages that others didn't. Losers. I don't think they're losers for quitting (though that is a small part of it). They're losers for acting like they owned those top grades in law school even before law school started...and now look at them. The cocky sons of bitches couldn't even last half a semester. Good riddance.

1 Comments:

At February 2, 2005 at 7:13 PM, Blogger www.BalanceTransfer.cc said...

You've got a nice blog here. I hope you find time to do more blogging. I find it interesting and I'm not a law student :o) Add some AdSense ads to your blog so you can at least get some compensation for your blog time.

AmCy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home